The reverse lunge is a single leg squatting exercise which targets a large percentage of your lower body muscles. Weights can be held in each hand to increase the challenge of this exercise.
- Start in the standing position
- Take a big step back behind you with one leg
- Drop straight down into the bottom of a lunge position
- Your front heel should remain grounded and your shin tall
- Your center of gravity should drop straight down, not back
- Allow your arms to swing forwards (bodyweight variation)
- Drive back up to the standing position using your front leg.
- Keep your knees tracking in-line with your feet
- Add reps, a weighted vest or a weights to increase the challenge