In this pull up variation you use a jump to help pull you up over the bar or rings. Then lower yourself as slowly as possible back to the ground. This is an excellent way to build up the strength required to perform full pull ups.
- Stand underneath a bar, pull up station of suspension trainer
- From this position jump upwards, grab hold of the bar and pull with your arms
- Keep your shoulders down and back
- Strive to pull yourself as far above the bar / handles as possible
- Lower yourself as slowly as possible
- Repeat two or three times
- Change your grip to mix up the stimulus (underhand / overhand / parallel)