The Hindu Push Up works the entire body and targets the chest muscles from all angles. Throw in a bit of flexibility and you can see why this is such a highly regarded exercise that has been used by warrior cultures for many centuries.
- Start with your feet spread slightly wider than a normal push up
- Form a pyramid shape with your butt pointing up in the air
- Imagine a long line running from your tailbone to your finger tips
- Imagine sliding underneath a fence as you perform the movement
- Squeeze your glutes tight as you extend the spine up