The Cuban press targets the smaller rotator muscles of the shoulder. Less draining than many of the other moves it makes for a good round 2 exercise.
- Anchor a band under your feet and stand up tall
- Create a 90 degree between your upper arm and torso
- Create another 90 degree angle at your elbow
- From this position externally rotate your shoulders
- In doing so lift your lower arms from horizontal to vertical
- Pause at the top position then slowly lower and repeat
- The same move can be performed with dumbbells